The StorTrends® 3202j is a 3U rack mount JBOD appliance for use in expanding the storage capacity of the dual controller StorTrends 3400i or single controller StorTrends 2401i storage servers. The StorTrends 3202j is available in both single and dual controller configurations and features support for both SAS and near-line SAS (NL-SAS) hard drives, giving users multiple options to combine shelves of disks for a wide range of additional storage needs. StorTrends iTX Data Storage Software features support for the expansion of up to seven StorTrends 3202j JBOD appliances attached to a StorTrends 3400i or 2401i head unit, for tremendous capacity expansion that allows organizations to keep several steps ahead of exponential data growth.
Users who expand their capacity with a StorTrends 3201j can take advantage of the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) module featured in the StorTrends iTX Data Storage Software. The ILM module provides the capability to migrate data from front line SAN storage to less expensive JBOD storage based on data usage and aging history.
To ensure data availability and system reliability, the StorTrends 3202j includes fully redundant, hot-swappable I/O, power and cooling modules, all of which are field replaceable. Key system components are constantly monitored to ensure continuous operation in case of disk failure or an I/O module, power supply or cooling unit malfunction and can be viewed at a glance through the ManageTrends™ Health Monitoring interface in StorTrends iTX.
- 3U SAS / NL-SAS JBOD device in two configurations
- Dual Controller StorTrends 3202jD for expansion with the StorTrends 3400i SAN
- Single Controller StorTrends 3202jS for expansion with the StorTrends 2401i SAN
- 16 hot-swappable SAS / NL-SAS drives
- Accommodates 500 GB, 1 TB and 2 TB capacity NL-SAS hard drives for up to 32 TB of expandable raw storage capacity per JBOD
- Accommodates 300 GB, 450 GB and 600 GB capacity SAS hard drives for up to 9.6 TB of expandable raw storage capacity per JBOD
- Redundant, hot-swappable power and cooling modules
- External SAS (4x) expansion ports for cascading additional StorTrends JBODs
- Integrates with the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) module in StorTrends iTX for data migration based on data usage and aging history